women's basketball college recruit. Belibi commits to Stanford Cardinal

#1 Pick for Fran Belibi = STANFORD CARDINAL

Briefly

Who is Fran Belibi?

image64

Currently a Senior at Regis Jesuit High School in Aurora, CO.

Fran started playing basketball in her Freshman year of High School and quickly got noticed for her athleticism and her historic dunk as a 6'1" girl. She continues to improve her skills and is excited about playing basketball in college at Stanford University.

Fran values her education and maintains a GPA of 4.3; she took advantage of early national exams in the fall 2017 and first time attempt scores are: 

  • ACT 35 (max 36)
  • SAT 1480 (max 1600)

She encourages students to value their education and apply the principle of excellence in whatever they do.


The Dunker

image65

Francesca created excitement in women's basketball when in her Sophomore year she set a record as the first girl to dunk during the high school basketball season in January 2017 at the age of 15 years. During the summer of 2017 and 2018, she represented the USA as part of the U16 National Team at the FIBA games in Argentina and the U17 world cup in Belarus and won the Gold Medal. with both teams 

In Her senior year, she did the first ever alley-oop dunk recorded worldwide in a high school girl game.  She has been acclaimed as a game changer and trailblazer for the women basketball, breaking limits and shattering glass ceiling.

With Gratitude...

image66

Women's basketball Class of 2019.

Francesca is seen here with her high school coach Carl Mattei. She would like to take this opportunity to thank and express her gratitude to all the college coaches that called, emailed or showed any interest in recruiting her. 

She believes that athlete's good sportsmanship combined with respecting and valuing the coaches' input is 80% of their success while hard work and dedication contributes to the remaining 20%.

She is forever thankful to Coach Carl Mattei for giving her a chance as a high school freshman to play basketball while she had no skills or knowledge of the game and also her parents for finally allowing her to play ball in high school:) 

Fran's College Pick Announcement

A Special Thank You

First of all my thanksgiving to God who has blessed me with exceptional gifts, to my parents and family, my coaches and teammates, RJHS community for their relentless support and a special thank you to Coach Smith (Harvard), Coach Muffet ( Notre Dame), Coach Banghart ( Princeton), Coach VanDerveer (Stanford ), their teams, staff and all administrators I was privileged to meet during my official visits, for making the recruitment process magical. 

I am grateful for all the opportunities I have been given and would like to announce that after working on a comprehensive 35 points criteria following visits, Stanford University is the school of choice for my vision of the future.


STANFORD CARDINAL Women's Basketball

image67

Fran Belibi commits to Stanford Cardinal WBB and Head Coach Tara VanDerveer

Fran Hops

Fran Belibi's dunk ready hops for Stanford Cardinal!

image68

Stanford University is the best of both worlds for my future plans